Friday, May 23, 2008

Cards on the table top

Sometimes, it's hard to write.

Life in Chicago continues to be full. Last weekend we hosted a rugby team from Minneapolis, so it was all parties and drunken rugby nudity. On Monday Steven Soderbergh (no relation) invited me to a wine dinner at Bistro Champagne. We had sweet breads!

Tuesday was rugby practice.

Wednesday John--back in Chicago for a few days between 5 weeks of trips to California and Asia--and I went to see Avenue Q. I got paged during the first act and as I tried to make my way back to my seat along the row, by jacket button got caught in a woman's hair. It was awful--she had to untangle me from herself.

Thursday J-Rim took me to the symphony. The Opera and Symphony always have a 'doctor of the house.' They organize it with us, so we get to go to the performances for free with a guest. If something happens, we help out.

I was all set to go the REM/Modest Mouse/The National concert on Friday. But that morning when I confirmed plans with DJ JD, I found out it's two weeks away. I was happy to have the night off.

No comments: